Saturday 18 February 2017

Paris day 2




So, second day in Paris!

I have been a bit slack with keeping notes because I was busy with school and adventures. I had homework from school and was tired after heaps of walking.


The second day I was in Paris I left the hotel in search of the markets I had seen being set up the previous night. Not remembering exactly where I had seen them I walked around enjoying the atmosphere and architecture.
Eventually I found it.

There was a bookstore at the start of it so as you do, you look for a book. Unfortunately most of them were in French except for one about the economics of Budapest or something equally uninteresting. But the lady handed me an Agatha Christie murder mystery (we had had a brief 'I don't speak French' chat). So I tried to buy it but it was free!! It was actually a circular library where you take a book and bring them back again. So now I have to go to back to Paris to return it!


The market was lovely. Everything was so fresh and colourful! There were fish stores, butchers, fruit and veg stalls and amazing flower stores.






Then I kept walking. I walked past the Louvre but didn't go in because of the crowds and I have already seen it.


Then I walked through the park nearby and sat beside the fountain and tried to read my guide book to find something to do.



I ended up just walking across the river to try and find lunch. Eventually I found a cafe that would not have been out of place in Melbourne. It was very hipster. I ordered the smoked salmon breakfast deal.
It was massive! There was salmon, salad and beetroot 'caviar' on one plate and a bread and butter pudding and fruit salad and and bread on another. And a deconstructed hot chocolate. I had to add the melted chocolate to the hot milk.


Then I had to hotfoot it back to the hotel to grab my bag to meet my homestay lady.
I took my two bags on the metro (there are very few escelators and almost no lifts) up and down several flights of stairs. Eventually I made it and thought I was running early but when I got to the buliding this woman said 'Are you Cassandra?'. Obviously I was. Anyway, it was her and she had been walking the dog 'for half an hour waiting for me..' I have since come to accept that French people are prone to exaggeration and complaining.
So we went inside and I was pooped after so much walking and bag dragging. I just ducked down to Macdonalds and had a happy meal for dinner.

Ready for school the next day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment