Monday 6 February 2017

Paris Day 1

Bonus day in Paris!!
 I thought I was landing at 7pm but we actually landed at 7 am..
Apparently I lost my credit card on the plane but didn't realise until they phoned me while I was in the Passport line.  I found it at baggage claim and then caught the train to the hotel.

On the train I met this guy who was a cross between Uncle Rory and Ernie Dingo.  He was Australian but had a girlfriend in France and they were going to buy a camper van and travel around Europe.

I dropped my bags at the hotel and started walking.
I walked across the river Seine, past Notre Dame, Palais de Justice, Jazz clubs, night clubs (that were all closed).

 This is the Palais de Justice.
 All the buildings are very similar. 5-6 stories and cream.

I stopped and had a hot chocolate, walked some more, stopped at McDonalds to use the wifi and toilet and walked some more.

Just a random arch. Not the Arc de Triomphe
 I climbed all of these stairs!! I had just had lunch at the bottom.  The hill is called Montmartre and the area used to be famous for artists and painters. (This is around 4.5km from the hotel)
 This is the view from the top of the hill looking over Paris.
 You can just see the Eiffel Tour above the house.

 I kept walking from Montmartre to Moulin Rouge
(another 1km)
 I found this little train/car that did a loop around Montmartre so I took it back to the top of the hill and had my portrait done (and nearly froze to death). Then I walked around all the shops and caught the train back down.

The area is meant to be traditional and arty but was very touristy...
 Then I walked the 3.5km back to the hotel via my French school.  All of the buldings are so beautiful. It's incredible how they are all the same style but still different and loverly.

 Back to the hotel via the Seine River.

 This was my room. I was given an upgrade because there were renovations. It was super cosy! and the bath was awesome. I went across the road for dinner to a Swiss restaurant and had Boef Bourginon (Beef Burgandy) - It was amazing!! Then to bed for the best sleep ever!!

I can't believe how beautiful this place is.  Just when you think it can't get better the light changes and it gets more beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment