Saturday 25 February 2017

Leaving Paris-Geneva

Geneva_
I took the 8:11 train to Geneva from Paris. I sat beside a lovely man. He was Polish but had lived in Paris and Geneva but was currently living in Moscow, working in France and holidaying in Switzerland. Three different men helped me with my bags...
My french isn't great but I'm pretty sure this says only 30% fat.. Typical French food...

Got to Geneva and checked into the room. It was really fresh and new and super cheap because I booked at the last minute. (Normally over $300 a night and I got it for $100...)

Then I took the tram to the flea market. It was great. All sorts of stuff like watches, jackets, furniture, knickknacks etc... I bought a pair of boots, a delicious meringue treat, two pairs of earrings and the worlds best hot chocolate.


Old saddle and pack frame

Cool guy on segway wheelchair

Picnic bag made of very real leather

A heap of watch bits

There were so many places selling watches!

Then caught the tram to the United Nations area and visited the Red Cross museum.


 The red cross museum was a bit sad. There are so many nasty people in the world. And so many people affected by war, governments and disasters.

The original Geneva convention... 



Then I dropped stuff back at the room and went to book a ticket on the glacier express for Friday. This took so long I missed the last boat across the lake to see the water jet (which was also turned off) So I just watched the sunset. It was very beautiful.
The water in the lake was so clear!

They had pruned some of the trees but not others



At dinner I tried to work out when to leave in the morning. It was at this time I realised the St Bernard walk was in a town 1hr from where I thought it was.
So I decided to catch the 7:30 train and go straight to the St Bernard museum then take the two trains and a bus to where I had booked the walk.

Early night and off to Martigny tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment