Monday 15 May 2017

London - Cultural Arty Stuff

My first Sunday in London 05/03/17

I went on a walking tour of the street art of West End.
These are what I thought were some of the best street artworks. It is so amazing what they can do! I can't even get an even coat when I try to spray paint..







This one is comprised of thousands of small dots that have been allowed to drip just a tiny bit.
 http://www.akajimmyc.com/Street_Art 

Most of these works were around Brick Lane.


 The balloon dog on the right was spectacular.  It looked like a shiny metal 3D balloon. I just can't describe it and the picture doesn't do it justice. It seriously looked like polished chrome.
http://www.hookedblog.co.uk/2017/02/chrome-ballon-dog-mural-by-fanakapan-in.html

 There are a few murals done by the same artist.







This was one of my favourites (after the shiny balloon dog and the colourful girls). It is 100% spray-painted art work of an inverted colour x-ray. So accurate I thought it was real. 

On 07/03/17 I went to the Museum of Natural History. They have a big atrium with models of various animals including a blue whale, African and Asian elephants and dolphins. 


Whales are seriously huge!! They make elephants look tiny...

I also learnt some really useful facts... 

After the museum, I wandered down the road to the Victoria and Albert Museum which has a section on fashion over the last few centuries. Some of the dresses were so beautiful but sooo tiny.  There is now way, even with a corset, that I would ever fit them. They even had the tiniest, daintiest little shoes you have ever seen!


 The riding jackets looked pretty swish!

 They had one display with the x-rays taken of someone wearing different corsets.  It is really deforming..




The photo on the left is from the museum and the photo on the right is from one of the shops in Harrods. Both are beautiful for their period but I know which I'd rather wear...

On the Thursday I ducked into the National Gallery at Trafalgar Square. They had some very beautiful and famous paintings. 
\

I seriously love Monet. He just gets colour so well.

And some people are almost as good as the originals.
Some of my favourites... Horses...

Outside there were people busking and drawing on the pavers. Some were really good and others not so much... 


No comments:

Post a Comment